How many times have you hired a candidate who looked good on paper or during the interview only to find that they fail in the job?
These are people who don’t interact well with others, who can’t handle pressure, who can’t focus to get the important tasks done, etc. These personality characteristics are hard to identify in an interview, but can be surfaced through testing.
A person may be well suited to work in a manufacturing environment, but would not be very successful in a retail setting. Likewise, someone who wants to work in hospitality may be better suited for an administrative position.
Find out whether your applicants are suited for the jobs they are applying for BEFORE they become your employees.
Getting the right people on board is only part of the equation. Getting the right people in the right positions completes the picture.
How should we test applicants?
Invest in the SELECT Associate Screening System, a family of tests designed to measure important, work-related, personality characteristics of applicants for entry-level jobs.
The system allows employers to quickly and easily screen for characteristics associated with productivity, cooperative work behaviors, and integrity.
With this flexible system, you can test one or a thousand. Our most popular format uses our web-based option, although you can also administer a paper-and pencil test as well. Your staff can do processing in-house, or you can contract with Workplace Results LLC to handle your testing process.
What does SELECT measure?
Each SELECT survey measures both those common dimensions predictive of performance in most associate-level jobs, as well as unique dimensions specific to the particular job for which it has been validated.
SELECT Dimensions Include:
- Positive Attitude : Shows faith in self and has positive outlook on self, others, and the company
- Energy : Prefers a high activity level; action-oriented
- Frustration and Criticism Tolerance : Appears emotionally optimistic and resilient
- Acceptance of diversity : Tolerates others different from self
- Self-Control : Refrains from impulsive behavior
- Acceptance of Structure : Accepts rules and follow directions
- Empathy, Interpersonal Insight : Shows an understanding for the feelings and needs of others
- Multi-tasking : Enjoys handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Integrity : Possesses a strong work ethic
- Influence : Enjoys influencing the actions of others
- Sociability : Displays an ease within social context and enjoys interacting with others
- Good Judgment : Shows a tendency toward objective thinking based on fact
In addition, there are job specific constructs such as:
- Empathy: For health care
- Influence: For sales and call centers
- Acceptance of Structure: For production and distribution
Does SELECT measure anything else?
There are optional modules you can add to your test:
- Willingness to do job tasks (e.g. wear a headset, clean the store, work shift hours)
- Abilities tests (e.g. math, reading, charts and graphs, matching numbers)
- Counterproductive behaviors (illegal drug use, carelessness about safety, theft)
What kind of information will the SELECT results offer?
- Key Indices and Advice Ranges
- A validity check for random response
- An Integrity Index Score and advice ranges
- A Performance Index Score and advice ranges
- Work Personality sub-scale “flags”
- Personality Interview Probes
And, if you’ve chosen any of the optional modules, you’ll also get:
Math or other ability scores and advice (needs training)
Willingness to Do Job Tasks
Indications of Counter Productive Behaviors
Structured Interview Guide and Interview Probes
Can I see a sample report?
Absolutely! Contact us to learn more about the process and to see a sample report.